2004-08-02

Must I welcome myself?

Welcome to the 21st century! I still dislike using my mobile phone in public, and I've done sufficently well at keeping away from AIM, but of late I've felt that

  1. I'm out of touch with my friends, and they are out of touch with me,
  2. I miss the joys of writing, especially of creative, nontechnical writing,
  3. I love new toys that spend my time.
Given these considerations and my unwillingness to submit to the perils of instant messaging, I decided it was due time to start blogging.

So what will I put here? Hell if I know! It probably won't be political, at least in most cases. It may potentially offend some people, at least in some cases. Hopefully it will make someone think--it will make me think. Yeah, for now this is just my "selfish blog," where I can organize my thoughts and rants, where I can play with words the way I play with numbers and computer code at work. If other people care to read, great. If they care to comment, better. I love hearing the gears turn...