2004-12-07

Let the fun begin...

A collection of my thoughts as I head into my own personal "hell week." (It's not that bad, just really busy.)

  • My schedule: Later today, biomechanics exam. Tomorrow, mfm quiz. Next Monday, molecular foundations of medicine exam. Tuesday, finance exam. Wednesday, biomechanics project (review paper) due. So with most of these next week, why worry? Well, I want/need to keep my weekend free for my long-anticipated trip to Kristin's hometown. So ideally all my studying and work and shit will be essentially complete by Friday.
  • Last weekend was great. Friday after a bit of study, Kristin and I met some of my friends out dancing (yes, me dancing!) on the Landing, then the two of us had diner-food at 1am. Saturday saw us holiday shopping for a few hours then more study, and Sunday was a stay-in day. Lots of time together (practically the entire weekend) plus some really good conversation brought us closer than ever. I feel better about this relationship than I have about pretty much *anything* in my life in recent memory.
  • With all that's left to do, I'm buckling down. This means I'll begin to practice what I term "directed procrastination." Essentially, this equates to: when I want to waste time, I don't geek-out on the internet or look for new music, but instead I do productive-but-not-academic things like cleaning or running. Consequently, I probably won't be blogging a whole lot till mid-next-week. Also consequently, my apartment looks pretty darn clean and yesterday I went for a great-feeling (though not particularly fast or long-distance) run.
  • I cannot wait for this coming weekend. Kristin and I are taking a trip to her home, where I'll (hopefully) get to meet some of her old friends. We'll also be taking a day at Indiana State, where her father will be singing in a Barbershop concert and where we will go out with her sister. The excitement is bubbling inside of me...
  • After my next Wed, I get a brief break in which I'll prepare my final presentation for entrepreneurship and hopefully take care of some other important tasks (with my car, with the honor society, etc.) We're also going to exchange Channukah/Christmas gifts next week.
  • Speaking of, I have a nice little multi-cultural holiday display over my TV in my apt. I've got my menorah set up ready for tonite, and a small x-mas tree that Kristin wasn't using this year since she has a big one. Plus, I've got this amazing stocking that one of K's friends made me out of blue-and-gold fabric with stars, menorahs, and dreidels. It is about the best holiday decoration I've ever had.

See, during my undergraduate years, I used to do my best work between 11pm and 3am. And I tended to thrive under moderate (not excessive) pressure, getting things done quickly and well when there truly a lot to do. I hope I keep this up, because I'm looking forward to the thrill of hard work again. Most of the rest of this semester has been moderate work interspersed with tasks and duties that kept me busy. Let me live again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick wrote...

Stu --

Congrats on everything sounds like things are going well. I just wanted to call you on your blog-bluff. Let the (stress-induced) blogging begin!

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

You are such the Nerd, S-Art.

I just wanted to tell you that.

Hope your finals go well, you geek-stud, you.

s00zi

8:36 AM  

What do you think?

<< Home