2005-01-24

Ending years of silence

The last time I wrote a song must have been sophomore year of college. I've had urges here and there to write something, whether due to hearing some mean progressive acoustic a-la-Michael-Kelsey or taking inspiration from a sunset in the park. Nothing ever worked out and I haven't been able to scratch out anything since. Until now.

Last Friday I just got an urge to write a song for K's birthday. It wasn't a piece of musical genius, but it was fun and meaningful and sounded pretty good. Yeah, it made her blush when I played it, even though nobody else was there.

I was amazed at how easily the words flowed from my head to the paper. And I knew how I wanted it to sound even without my guitar in hands. I must say, I was proud of myself for writing it and very pleased that the inspiration was none other than my Kristin.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

1. I still would prefer you used the comment utility.

2. I'm happy you have found your voice again.

3. I am ready for the next installation of 24 and I will return your tape to you when I get it. What does your night look like after school tomorrow, January 25?

4. I wish someone wuved me like you wuv your K. Although, they might already - who knows?

5. I *heart* Starburst Fruit Chews in all varieties of flavors.

-s00

1:07 PM  
Blogger Stu wrote...

Suz, in response-

1. I had signed up for haloscan, the one it appears many folks use. But I'm so far along with using the native Blogger comments and I can't figure out how to make those compatible (i.e. haloscan can "read" the old blogger comments as well as new ones posted thru their site) so I'll have to stick with what I've got for now.

2. Why thank you!

3. Fox had been plugging this episode's first 10 minutes as the most intense television this season. It may well be true. Check your email and we'll set up a meet time/place.

4. Yes, I wuv my wittle Kwistin.....haha

5. A girl I knew back in middle school and high school could unwrap a starburst with her tongue...pretty hot.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Where can we hear this gem?

9:58 PM  

What do you think?

<< Home