2005-01-05

Musical notes for the week

I love Chicago radio!

Yesterday I heard a song and started iTunes immediately so I could buy it. The tune is by a band who calls itself The Ditty Bops, and they sound sort of pop-bluegrass if such a genre exists. The song is titled "Ooh La La" and is very catchy. You can listen to it on their website in either Quicktime or Windows Media.

While I'm on recommendations, I'll drop another. Heard this one first one-time in the 'Lou on 89.1 "The Wood," sent the recommendation to a few select musical friends of mine, bought the song, and can't get over how good it is. My dad says XM Radio plays it, and now I'm hearing it on XRT as well. It's a tune by Ray LaMontagne called "Trouble." I tried to describe it as Van Morrison meets Otis Redding, but you can judge for yourself in Quicktime or Windows Media.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

89.1 The Wood is cool. It only took me eight years in the lou to find it.
Brent

2:45 PM  

What do you think?

<< Home