2005-01-03

Things for which I'm thankful

  • Family, even when I can have them to excess. Despite the crowded conditions of our getaway, we had fun as a family.
  • The outdoors, every day, whether sun or cloud, calm or wind, warm or cool. Just being outside in fresh air, walking along grassy or sandy paths, trees and dirt and water and rock all around. The smell of mossy woods or pine forest or salty sea or dry mountain, pretty much anything can be done better in open air.
  • Health, and the way I feel when I eat well, when I run, when I breathe deeply; and the way that even in declining health, some members of my family can remain happy and in high spirits.
  • Friends, the kind of people I know I can depend on, and those who I know depend on me. Sharing stories and advice, trading stock tips for computer support, opening up our homes and lives to each other.
  • Love, and the feeling of being in love, and the person with whom I'm in love. Having Kristin in my life to make my day just by calling, to ease my mind by her touch, to keep me in check when I start getting out of line, and to challenge me to change what I don't like about myself.