2005-03-14

It would have been even funnier if it had happened to someone else.

It was a crisp, sunny morning. I grabbed my keys and phone, donned my prescription sunglasses and bike helmet, and headed to campus for a meeting with my thesis advisor. When I arrived at Guy's office, I realized I didn't have my regular glasses with me, and I couldn't recall if I had left them on the table before I departed from my apartment or if they had been in my pocket as I walked out the door. Regardless, we met to discuss and revise some 2-D model calculations we had made this weekend and went to the machine shop to see how progress was coming on our prototype.

After the meeting, I decided to backtrack my route exactly and found that indeed the glasses case had fallen out of my pocket right at the construction bridge at Forest Park Parkway. And, as Murphy's Law would have it, they had been run over by a car and/or a truck.

 Posted by Hello
Interestingly, while the frames are completely shot, the lenses are well intact and only mildly scratched. Says a lot for 3M!