2004-11-18

Feed me!

Prompted by an anonymous commenter to "sync" my blog on LiveJournal, I did a teeny bit of research. It looks, from reading LJ's help files, that in order to syndicate a blog to a LiveJournal I'd need to be a paid member or have a paid member add me to their "Friends" list. Now, this is the internet and everything is supposed to be free, right?

Thankfully, Blogger allows us to create a site feed for free. Mine is here: http://gearsandcoffee.blogspot.com/atom.xml If someone out there wants to syndicate my blog on LiveJournal or elsewhere, feel free to use that link. And let me know where it's syndicated and why you're doing it. It makes me feel good that e-friends and even strangers care to read my ramblings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve wrote...

Hey Stu, it's Steve Gabster. I've been checking here about once a week or so, great to see you're adding a feed--RSS/Atom makes life so much simpler, easiest way to digest news sites and blogs all at once in reader apps like NetNewsWire and NewsFire (both Mac, but there are many PC apps out there). You might want to add a GIF tag near your blogroll to let people know about the feed too--that's what I did here, over on the right, at the bottom ("atom valid").

10:51 PM  

What do you think?

<< Home