2005-01-27

Can't forget the little people

This has been a phenomenal week for me in terms of catching up with old friends. Tuesday was a business and personal chat with Gary, dinner with Suzi, and an impromptu game nite at the Commons. Wednesday I spoke to Brian for a good piece on the phone, met with my mentor from engineering career services around dinnertime, and then swung by the old fraternity house to see a few bros. Today I had lunch with John at a vegetarian deli (yes, there is such a thing) and then saw some folks at the EnCouncil meeting.

I often have the urge to tell people, particularly when I run into them unexpectedly, "Oh, we should hang out sometime," or, "Hey let's do lunch." Then inevitably I feel guilty for not following thru. It is weeks like this one that let me walk with my head held high, confident that not every promise to an old acquaintence is empty.