2005-03-24

The sky is crying

Nobody told me, and I didn't bother to check this morning before heading to campus, but there was a 30% chance of rain today. So I bike to campus because the temperature was supposed to be pretty nice. Now I'm home, sitting at my computer with a wet ass and rainspots on my glasses.

In happier news, I think I finished my computer program that models the reaction of various pieces of the halo to given loads. What this means is that I can try different materials, sizes, and configurations of certain components, and 25 seconds later (I didn't bother to clean up and optimize my code) I'll get an idea of whether that particular design meets or beats traditional halo devices. So if all goes well, I'll finish the last chapters of my thesis this weekend.

I could almost cry for joy...