2005-10-10

Happy Anniversary

For K's and my one year anniversary (over a month ago, 9/1/05) we had quite a wonderful menu of events. One night I took her out to a wonderful Italian dinner in Marina Del Rey, and then we walked along Venice Beach under a full moon, with the blue fluorescence of the red tide lighting up each breaking wave. Another night Kristin cooked for me a meal of traditional Jewish dishes, which was as impressive as it was delicious.

From laziness or business or procrastination, I failed to post all about Kristin's visit to California. During her visit is when we belatedly celebrated the anniversary, but we also had so many other things to do. Going to the Los Angeles County Fair (nothing like the fairs in the Midwest, by the way--there weren't any barns full of prize-winning livestock), visiting with her cousins, going to the pool, going to the mall, and eating all sorts of food, were the activities that filled our free time. She got to meet all the people I talk about, see the places I go, and enjoy the care-free California lifestyle.

This coming weekend I fly back to the Midwest, looking forward to a cookout near K's hometown with her old friends. The countdown has hit the phase where I can almost start numbering the hours....