2004-11-22

Once an hour I light the flower...

Why on earth would a laundromat allow smoking? I go there to get my clothes wildflower-clean and smelling mountain-fresh, and the woman who sat down next to where I'm folding my still-warm sweatshirts, jeans, and towels is determined to impregnate every article with the odor of her Camels. But honestly it's not even my place to ask her to move or take it outside, since the owners of the 'mat provided ashtrays for her smoking pleasure. Umph, I need to find a new place to do the wash.

By the way, a nickel for the first person to identify the source of the title of this post. (Nick, I suspect you'll know, so maybe give someone else a chance...)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Hrmm...You are not going to like my answer:

A really bad song by Jason Mraz - Childlike Wind.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Stu wrote...

Well you earned your nickel...close enough, but the song is called "Childlike Wildlife" (mislabeled download perhaps?) and in fact it is a pretty good song. The man is quite poetic, better with scat singing than his radio-hits reveal, and an avid smoker.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

I actually MISS smoking regularly.

(sigh)

It's already 2pm and I have class tonight.
What are your plans - Stu-Art?

12:11 PM  
Blogger Stu wrote...

My plans, s00zi? Let's see:

  - Finish tweaking my business plan for class tomorrow. Note: a buddy of mine suggested I scrap the whole medical device thing and write a new biz plan for a product combining M&M's and heroin. The slogan: "Milk chocolate melts in your veins, not in your hand."
  - Pick out clothes for my Thanksgiving excursion. All my gear is set (I'm planning on posting about my excitement sometime later today, when I feel like more procrastination).
  - Find and print some articles about heart valve leaflet mechanics so I have some reading material for the plane ride.

¿Y tú, chica?

2:13 PM  
Blogger Stu wrote...

My question, of course, refers to after your class.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

I went over to Chad, Matt, and Dave's house.
I should have left earlier.
I'm tired.

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Childlike Wildfier

~Zo

9:32 AM  

What do you think?

<< Home