2005-04-07

How archaic!

I actually used a 3-1/2" floppy today...because I had to!

I did this because for a pretty nice mechanical tensile test machine, the materials lab has it hooked up to an old computer.

Other neat stuff from the halo project front:

  • I bought supplies for an experiment the other day. It cost less than $3 from Wal-Mart. On the list: Dixie brand plastic storage containers, 3 gallons of water, and 1 pair of pantyhose.
  • I just printed 54 pages for the draft of my thesis. I turn this document in tomorrow morning.
  • I get to wake up super-early tomorrow to play with 1.5 Tesla of imaging goodness.

We met with a patent attorney last week. I had a bunch of drawings to prepare after the meeting. I haven't heard back from the lawyer yet, but I'm sure everything will be taken care of.