2004-08-23

Running therapy

I was pissed! Wasted a good chunk of daylight this evening with a mobile phone to my ear, fighting thru automated recordings, before everything came to a head in a crowded store. I got home and forced myself to write a letter to the Customer (Dis)Service department while I was still hot with rage, even though I knew it probably wasn't even worth it. (I may decide later to post the letter I wrote, just for kicks...)

But then, right after I hit save, I changed into workout shorts and an old Nike tanktop and went out for a run. Everything was better: the cool damp air outside was so easy on my lungs, the motion was better than sitting at a computer, and the elevated heart rate from activity just felt more natural than that from anger and stress. Running, more generally any good, strenuous exercise, is definitely my preferred form of therapy. Forget shrinks! I'll take my Asics out any day.