2004-08-21

The Thrill is not Gone

Went to see B.B. King at Riversplash with some brothers/alums. Picked up the Metrolink for the short trip to the Landing and walked thru throngs of people to find a seat on the hill just south of the Arch. Unfortunately there was a large tree blocking our view of most of the stage, but the sound was superb. And for a 78-year-old man, B.B. still plays a mean guitar. The band was good, too: a lot of energy, even when the bottom would drop out; great dynamics; excellent improv all around. And the peoplewatching was also great. I mentioned that I felt as though I were a character in a Where's Waldo? book. After the show we hit Duffy's just before their kitchen closed. Yeah, this evening was hard to beat. Now I sleep and tomorrow I ride horses. Life is grand.