2004-09-12

Confidence and funniness

Confidence

Despite the fact that I have been in New York City for only three days, I have already been asked several times for directions. Funny thing is, there were plenty of other "locals" around, including David, who knew better than I did, but for some odd reason the people asked me. I guess I just looked like I knew where I was going.

Funniness

Went down to Brooklyn to see Nick, then he and I met with Rob and David in Central Park to toss some frisbee. Afterward we had cheap burgers and beer nearby. Walking back toward the subway stop, Rob was tossing his phone and ended up dropping it on the street. When he tried to pick it up, he knocked it into a sewer. Lovely. Fortunately, the flower shop at that corner had a "grip-on-a-stick" to reach down between the sewer grates; unfortunately, the lever to clasp and unclasp the gripper part was just below street level. Fortunately, Nick was able to fit his hand between the grates, far enough to pull the lever; unfortunately, he was startled by a sewer rat running by and couldn't grab the phone. Fortunately, Rob was persistent and ended up getting his phone out, safe and sound, while providing animated entertainment for no less than one dozen passersby. They both went back to the restaurant to wash their hands.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick wrote...

Either sticking my hand in the sewer or staying up until 3ish made my throat feel a tad sore today. I am happy to report though that aside from being dead ass tired, I do feel good about my first day. Sorry I didn't spend more time with you while you were here and I hope you had a goo trip. It was really good to see you.

2:39 PM  

What do you think?

<< Home