2004-09-12

The morning after

Shortly after finishing my previous post, we got dressed and took the subway down near the NYU campus. Hit a martini lounge, a hopping college-ish bar, and a cafe with coffee and dessert. Yep, we ran the whole circuit. No cover at any of them. Drinks were sort of pricy but not outrageous. The various atmospheres were nice, as I got to taste all sorts of nite life.

...continued

At this point I'd venture to say that the best part about barhopping here is that there is no smoking in bars and restaurants! We were out from 11 till 4, and when we got back we didn't have a single smoke particle on our clothing or in our lungs.

Later today I'll take the subway out to Brooklyn and see Nick and maybe Rob. While I would have liked to see them last nite, this may work out better, meeting on their turf: I'll see another part of the city and they can be my "guides" to cool spots they frequent.