2004-09-01

Chalk up one for exhaustion, another for good timing

After my afternoon meeting was cancelled, I came home for a while before the MFM review session at 4:00. Well, thanks to a late nite (grin) I pretty much passed out on my futon, and by some fortune woke up at 3:45. So much for biking to class! So I grabbed my Jiffy Lube frequent-change card and hit the pavement in my automobile instead of on my bicycle. Walked into the review session at 4:03, but the TA leading the session was right behind me, so I wasn't really late. The review session was pretty useless anyway.

So, after the session I headed over to get my oil changed, then planned on hitting Target for a few errands. Jiffy Lube was backed up, as they were understaffed today. The mechanic came up to me and informed me of the 50-minute wait, and said that if I come back in the morning it would be $19.99 instead of $32.99 So I went on to Target, having lost maybe $0.47 in gas and 10 minutes of time, but saving $12.53 and 40 minutes.

I'm off to volleyball in a few minutes, feeling damn good about the events of the last 24 hours.