2004-08-24

Lil itty bitty music wish list, Part II

I ended up getting the Thrills single and one of their albums. Also got Modest Mouse, Phoenix, and Indigo Girls. New developments:

  • The Rachael Yamagata tune, I may want the whole album (Happenstance). I'll have to read some reviews, but I'm thinking yes. For the uninitiated, she sounds a bit like a cross between Norah Jones (insert dreamy sigh) and Fiona Apple.
  • I still need to get some Ani DiFranco in my collection, but I don't know where to start?! Suggestions, please, what album of hers is most "essential" if I can only get one?
  • A Girl Called Eddy - The Long Goodbye
  • Terri Hendrix - One Way (boy, what's with me and chick singers lately?)
  • Reed Foehl has a song called When It Comes Around, that sounds very David Gray-ish. I think I may just get the whole album, Spark.
  • I still haven't bought the new Gomez album, Split the Difference. These guys are great. Yeah, Brit rock!

Tonite after work I'm going to see Michael Kelsey play at Frederick's Music Lounge. Not too long ago some of my buddies saw him, and apparently he is just wicked. I've seen the DVD that John bought after his show. Yeah, I'll post my review later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick wrote...

The fact that you want to listen to Ani DiFranco is entertaining.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Stu wrote...

Why is it funny that I like Ani? Just because I don't necessarily align my social and political views with hers, doesn't mean I can't admire her passionate music. If more "pop" female musiciains put as much heart (and less ass) into their music, standard FM radio would me exponentially more palatable.

2:12 PM  

What do you think?

<< Home