2004-08-25

The silliest coupon. Ever.

I just returned my fourth trip to the bookstore (well, second to the Hilltop campus store, and I've made two stops at the Med School bookstore as well) and am still chuckling inside from a coupon the cashier offered me during checkout.

Class begins September 1. Typically everyone already has his or her books by this point. There are two weeks where we can add or drop classes with no penalty. So that absolute latest anyone would get textbooks is September 15. By this time, most everyone also already has well-stocked supplies for the semester.

Further, most Washington University branded merchandise is purchased not by students during the semester, but rather by parents for themselves or their sons and daughters. Parents leave after orientation (if they come at all), and Parents' Weekend is officially October 15-17.

So why on earth did I get a coupon good for 20% off my $100 between September 20 and October 1???

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

could you return the books then use the coupon?

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Stu wrote...

Ah, good try. However, the return policy is, last day to return books is September 8. But I like your thinking!

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

are there any books you could not use between the 8th and the 20th?

-john, the originator of the anonymous idea above

2:14 PM  
Blogger Stu wrote...

Well I see that your gears are really turning! That is another good idea, but something I'll have to wait and see once I get all my syllabi and then act fast.

6:10 AM  

What do you think?

<< Home