2004-09-02

A change of heart

I was beginning to dislike biking around Forest Park, what with all the other bikers, runners, skaters, and walkers. But today, between classes, I took a mid-morning ride and found that it wasn't nearly so bad. ...continued

For one thing, it was warm but not intolerable. The automobile traffic from the morning rush was over, and most of the fumes had cleared, so the air was more or less breathable. Skaters, who, in my mind are the worst trail hogs, were all but absent; I only came across two, one of whom had "ski poles" for his workout. In general the trails were much less congested, so I didn't have to deal with passing folks who were on the "wheels" trail when they should have been on the "heels" trail. (Yes, I'm guilty of that when I assume the runner's avatar, but I hope people would do as I say, not as I do!) And, it seemed like during the daytime, trail users actually know what "On your left" means!

So now my new rule of thumb: FP at night, runner's delight; FP mid-morning, bicycle warning.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

I think that biking forest park is all about mood. When I just want to go out and bike slowly and feel it, it's perfect scenery. When I want to travel and experience and speed and climb, it's roads all the way. If you get tired of biking the trail, take some time and bike the roads within forest park. Sometimes it's the perfect medium.

John

2:42 PM  

What do you think?

<< Home