2004-09-07

Frustration!

This is what happens when one gets dependent on technology: one gets extremely frustrated when things don't work right. And when "one" is "me" I won't quit until I fix it or find a workaround. Or until I need to leave for class.

I went to sync my Visor this morning (Visor = archaic but not ancient Palm-powered PDA) and my computer complained that the USB device was not recognized. Since Handspring (the company that made Visor) was acquired by Palm, there is very little support available online for old models like mine. Further complicating the problem, my internet connection has been very spotty today. I damn near pulled out my laptop to connect to a dialup server (do I hear "1997?") to find drivers for the Visor. Didn't have time. I'll have to play with it later, maybe tomorrow. Hopefully I still have the software cd that came with it. Hell, if not, I guess I have the excuse I've been looking for to get a new Wi-Fi-enabled, color, SDIO-equipped Pocket PC!