2004-09-14

Validation

My personal homepage has a section with descriptions of some academic projects I've done, one of which is a Matlab implementation of the SIMPLE (Semi-Implicit Method for Pressure-Linked Equations) algorithm to solve a basic fluid dynamics problem. I posted a brief description of the project and sample output, but did not post the source code because our professor asked us not to share with students who would be taking the class in the future.

Early this morning, I received an email from a student at a university in India, asking me about the program.

In the past I've received invitations to join Matlab-related and computational fluid dynamics discussion groups, on Yahoo, for example, presumably because the moderators have found my page. However, to get a personal email about it gave me this ear-to-ear grin.